Friday, June 09, 2006

I am free!


I finished the sister-in-law socks today! They had to go out with their own last hurrah, though. I got the toe closed and lo and behold, there was a funny hole in the middle of the row. I tried to fix it but all the while was thinking since I have worked sooo hard on these socks to make them the best they can be, it just wasn't the way to end them, but you know that word denial. Then when I got them off the needles completely I found a dropped stitch about 4 rows from the end. I do not ever recall doing that ever before! I tried to fix that but ended up with this big mess that I didn't remember to take a picture of. I laid them down, made an appointment for a haircut and left the house to take a deep breath before I looked at them again. I spent about 45 minutes picking out all that mess and re-did them and they are just perfect. They match, they are her colors, and most of all...THEY ARE IN THE MAIL!

Now I am going to sit for a bit and dream about what I want to do now. I think I'll just sit and browse through my new copy of Knitter's Magazine. (the last thing I want to do is pick up any of those cast off socks I started for her! haha....some other day!)

Hope everyone gets a chance to get out and knit in public tomorrow. I have to sit in my little yarn shop so I won't be out there, but we have a group organized in spite of the rain. They are actually going to put up a canopy.

Be blessed and knit on! I am one happy knitter today!

5 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The socks look great! Glad you were able to pick up that dropped stitch. I've had that happen while knitting (usually a stitch at the end or beginning of a needle) but have noticed it only a few rows after it happened. It wasn't so close to the end though, but thankfully I used a crochet hook to pick it up and didn't have to frog out any rows.

Sharon said...

They are gorgeous and your SIL will love them, well done.

Lauri said...

I am happy that you finished the socks!! Yea!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thank you so much for your help! :-) I really appreciate it!

Melissa said...

They look great! I'm so happy for you. I know how nice it is to get something like that finished