Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Hard to believe, I know!

But I am finally making progress on something! I am knitting the Pomatomus socks from knitty.com and they are progressing without too much trouble. I think this yarn was just screaming to be these socks. I'm using Wildfoote handpaint and size 0. The only problem I am having is that if I do these socks again, I may use double points instead of my beloved Addis. The points are just not sharp enough to do the knit 2 together thru the back loop. I have solved this by using a dpn to do the stubborn ones, then transferring them to the Addi. Doesn't take much time and it works. I think my sister-in-law will like them and I am going to get a few new socks for myself from this whole fiasco. Can't complain about that, can I! Sorry for the blurry picture, I'm too tired to take another one tonight, but will post a better progress picture later.

3 comments:

Emma said...

It is a little blurry, but I can definitely see the Pomatomus emerging. It's going to be gorgeous, and I can't wait to see more progress photos. Good luck!

Melissa said...

They look great. I'm glad you found the perfect SIL sock!

MsFortuknit said...

i love this yearn!!!