Sunday, July 30, 2006

'twas a knitting weekend for sure!

I got to go to a trade show for my little yarn shop. One of the highlights was taking a class with the wonderfully encouraging Cat Bordhi! She's just awesome and we learned so much in a class called Sockitechture. We can't teach any of the things until her book comes out next March-June sometime. However, the stuff was just great and I can't wait to get ahold of the book. I'll just practice in the meantime. I learned a GREAT new toe-up cast on which was featured on knitty.com last issue.

When I have time, I will post a picture of our cart when we left the show. Even though I couldn't spend a lot, I ended up bringing some things home. I've already started a pair of socks and a purse from the stuff I bought. The purse is sample knitting and the socks just because I wanted to try the new cast on before I forgot!

More later, soooooo tired tonight!

4 comments:

Lauri said...

I can't wait to see all the great stuff you got!

Dip Lady Knits said...

Me too! I can't wait to hear all about the fun you had, and I want to see all the goodies!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hi! You asked where I found the template for my Ink Scrawls blog. I got it from www.blogsgonewild.net

Melissa said...

Sounds like you had a blast!