Sunday, May 14, 2006

The best Mother's Day flower I ever got


My youngest son who has Down Syndrome made me a flower in Kid's Church today. All the other moms had beautifully blooming "flowers" and this is the one I got. I would say I got the best one. :) The smile and handmade card that went with it were PRICELESS.

He also gave me this cute little paper. Writing does not come easily for him and it was clear he had really worked on it. We later realized he had copied part of the next line that follows that asked them to write about how she makes you feel special. I know it's hard to see but you get the picture.

8 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your son's flower is perfect :o) It is made with love for his mama! Please tell him that I think he did a fantastic job making it!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! The flowers are lovely!

Lauri said...

Sherri,
The flower is beautiful! Tell him that I said so! What a wonderful mothers day for you.

Anonymous said...

How adorable!!! What a wonderful gift to celebrate you on Mother's Day. :)

Melissa said...

How sweet!! Happy Mother's Day!

Liz said...

The flower is lovely and will last much longer than any other flower :-)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! You're very lucky!!

Unknown said...

I raised a child who was so hyperactive he drove everyone crazy. However, he is now 27, employed and such a lovely boy. Treasure your flower.