Tuesday, March 07, 2006

New projects


Today I was so tired. I frogged the whole intarsia project this weekend and even though I am looking forward to knitting it, I just didn't have the energy to deal with it yet. I got a new book today...One Skein by Leigh Radford...and it had some great projects in it. I decided to make the Baby Hat out of the Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino in yellow. I think it's going to be fun and quick!

Also on the needles are my Silk Garden socks. I'm making them these on size 2 Addis and using the garter stitch heel from Lucy Neatby. These are really quick and I'm enjoying them. I heard we are having a cold snap this weekend so I guess I had better concentrate on getting them finished!


I know the second sock is not going to match because this yarn is so funny, there will be colors in one skein that never appear in the other. I'm not at all sure how these socks will hold up but I do love the yarn and wanted a pair of socks that are heavier. It is going to be a challenge not to be obsessed with matching them perfectly...I think it is going to be good for me to shake it up a little and have a pair of fraternal socks for once!

Later in the day: here is the progress on the Silk Garden socks. I felt like I barely had time to knit today and now I am ready to close the toe! Just a few more rows. I plan for these to just be house socks mostly, but I think they'll be fun to wear with my Crocs, too! It's hard to see, but the heel is facing up and they aren't really real short socks. I am probably going to have to pick some of the chaff out of the yarn or they are going to be prickly, but other than that, I think they will be fun. I hope I don't succumb to Second Sock Syndrome, though. I have started too many things at once....but hey, after the Olympics, I have to have a little bit of variety!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

That hat is going to be cute - I used that Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for a scarf..... what wonderful stuff!!!

PS - I updated your sock count- thanks for letting me know!!